~Me~

Been obsessed with books and writing since I was 8 years old. Then I lost it when I pursued writing in college. Now, I'm trying to find that drive again.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Merdeka Day!!

Today is the most patriotic day of all days - except Malaysia Day, of course. BTW, there's a difference between the two. I sense this year isn't as joyous as the years before. It's almost like Merdeka Day is non-existent. No banners, no parades, no news, nothing.
However, the opening ceremony for Merdeka Day in school was pretty awesome. I mean, I cried when I watch the video recorded on Merdeka Day 55 years ago. I guess I had a  secret realization of how grateful I was being born in a more peaceful time where I don't have to cower before stepping outside my house or witness someone being shot dead just because he didn't listen orders by British soldiers or move around the whole country because my dad'sin the army.
I'm really blessed to have the privilege my parents didn't have all those years ago. The examples I'd given, it all happened to my parents. Though, it would be cool to experience just a little bit of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment