~Me~

Been obsessed with books and writing since I was 8 years old. Then I lost it when I pursued writing in college. Now, I'm trying to find that drive again.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Best "Lover" Friend

Before I started dating Harrison, I always wanted to be friends with him but somehow, I couldn't. I've always had this attraction to him but not the romantic kind of attraction. It was just the feeling to want to get to know him and hang out like friends. And I even thought of him as a lovable older brother. But I didn't make it a goal to make a bondage with him.
Instead, I tried to make him my best friend after we dated. It was my first time being in a relationship with someone and it was awkward. So, to ease the situation I treated like I would treat a best friend. For awhile, it was and nice and less awkward.
But things didn't go so smoothly afterwards. I got annoyed and irritated when his friends were always around him or calling out to him non-stop when we would walk back together after school. I was like "What the hell?". Before we dated, he was always left alone and then after we dated, they all raid into his space before I could get to him.
Tired of the situation, I stopped acting like a girlfriend and acted like a best friend. It just seem easier to be that way. And...it has.

No comments:

Post a Comment