~Me~

Been obsessed with books and writing since I was 8 years old. Then I lost it when I pursued writing in college. Now, I'm trying to find that drive again.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sporting It Out

I have just joined my school's bola baling team for girls. At first, I thought it would be intense and hard but slowly it becomes more and more fun. And it's totally easy. I wanted to stay after school with Vanessa but I feel like I needed a shower and she's not sure if it's gonna rain or not 'cos it's been raining a lot lately.
When I got home, showered and everything I went out lunch with my mom. Vanessa wanted to walk to school so I went to her house and guess what, she was making sushi when I got there! Who makes sushi before they go for sports?! Though it tasted GOOD =D When we walked I got so tired trying to keep up with her. She walks really fast and I brought my bag with me. Besides,  if I try to run, my apam balik will break to pieces. More worse, I thought my appendix was about to burst. Finally, after a 20 minute walk we reached school.
We were actually in a hurry to get to school 'cos we thought we were late but we got there just in time. At first, I felt unnatural and followed Vanessa or Michelle around but after a while I was okay and got around by myself just fine.We first  ran across the small field 10 times -  but we only did 8 - to warm up. Then went on to passes in pairs and learned to strike with one hand. It made me so alive just being out with my feet in the wet dirt and having to run around outdoors with the wind blowing. In the team, I know most of the girls' name 'cos they were my sister's friends. When a Form 5 mentioned my name, they were like "Who is that?", "A new person, kah?" - the usual. Majority of bola baling players are guys and girls are like 1/3 of the guys. Also one of the reasons I didn't feel natural when on the field.
Well, this is all. The first time I ever joined a sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment