~Me~

Been obsessed with books and writing since I was 8 years old. Then I lost it when I pursued writing in college. Now, I'm trying to find that drive again.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My vampire novel project

I thought of the idea last month when I remembered back about my Vampire Kisses novels. I have the concept, characters, setting and plot in my head but I always have the same problem every time I write: how to start. I debated the idea of using a first person narration or a third person narration and after long consideration, I decided to use first person narrations by the two main characters telling their side of the story in alternate chapters.
In the first chapter, Ophelia, the vampiress, tells the story of how she was transformed into a vampire about a hundred years ago and what happened after she transformed. She also tells about the purpose of her deliberate isolation from the outside world and how she sustains her blood lust while controlling her impulses whenever she is able to. At the end of the chapter, when she tries to feel the warmth of the morning sun, she notices one of the houses close to her area being occupied by a non-local.
In the next chapter, Hayden, the foreign newcomer, expresses his excitement in living in a new town and starting over a new life while leaving behind his past life in a faraway town where he learned a secret about himself that he won't accept. Although he leaves behind the job he loves the most which is working in his father's firearm shop, he decides its better to work in a more tranquil environment as a simple librarian.
There's more excitement to what this book will become despite the prosaic nature of the characters because there's always a hidden twist~

No comments:

Post a Comment